Thursday, March 17, 2011

FANtastic Quilt Show in Mt. Dora

The Lake County Quilters Guild (Mt. Dora, FL) hosted their 29th annual  FANtastic Quilt Show March 3 & 4. This is a guild show (no outside entries), and it's amazing how they can produce so much wonderful work every year!
I'd like to share a few pictures and comments...and, as always, if you ask me to take a pic down, I will.
The guild does a great job of stating the pattern names, but please let me know if I miss any.
Spinning Stars by Betsy O'Neil from the Judy Martin pattern "Shakespeare in thePark"
What a great pattern, and who doersn't love a blue quilt?
Next we saw:
Bloomin' Kaffe by Kelly Woodworth from the Blooming 9-Patch pattern
All Kaffe Fassett fabrics! This is a really fun technique that blends one set of blocks into the next.


Blowing in the Wind by Betsy O'Neil using Pat Yemin (Come Quilt With Me) templates
I'm always taking pictures of red-white & black quilts because one of my friends really loves them!

Nest by Pat Arends from a Valori Wells pattern

OK, I admit I often take pictures of my friends' quilts...but it's beacuse I like them, and I also have lots of other people's quilts, too!
One thing this also shows off is the lovely venue of the show, Lake Receptions in Mt. Dora. It does add a bit of extra "class" to the show!

 
A Toast to Spandex by Shirley Schlimgen from the "Ladies in a Hot Tub" pattern by Changing Tides
It's always nice to see real women being celebrated!

Hooray for the White Glove Ladies!
MY APOLOGIES:
I have been fighting with Blogger, trying to get this post done, for two weeks...I have done it every which way possible. Lake Co. Quilters deserve a much nicer post about their show, but my patience has run out!
If I can manage a few more pics, I will try.
Otherwise, go see next year's show...it's always the first week in March!








Armenian Wedding II by Terry Reising


No comments: